Section 1 Tuesday and Thursday 4:00 – 5:15 PM Darwin 103
Historic astronomy, Newton's laws, gravitation, atomic structure, light, and telescopes. The solar system, space flight, stars and stellar evolution, interstellar matter, star clusters, galaxies, the universe. A survey designed primarily for non-science majors.
Understanding Our Universe
- Authors: Palen, Kay, Smith, Blumenthal
- ISBN-13: 978-0-393-12919-9
- The class makes use of an online homework site for this book, which comes with some versions of a new book.
- When buying a used book, you will need to purchase the online homework component separately (~$20). So you should make sure you are saving at least $20 by purchasing used versus new.
- Wait until the first day of class for instructions on purchasing or setting up online homework access.
Lecture notes and other course materials for currently enrolled students
Available on Moodle
Other helpful links